SmartCat The Ultimate 32-in Sisal Cat Scratching Post, Beige
- Sturdy 16″ x 16″ base keeps post from tipping and wobbling.
- 32″ post height allows your cat to stretch vertically while using the post (important for territorial marking purposes and for toning muscles).
- Fibrous and durable woven sisal naturally inspires scratching and relieves cat’s stress without snagging cats’ nails.
- Attractive and neutrally toned to fit in with any home decor.
- Assembles quickly and easily with two included screws.
- Item Number 64171
- Weight 16 pounds
- Dimensions 16 x 16 x 32 inches
- Frame Material Engineered Wood, Wood
- Cover Material Sisal, Plant Material
- Lifestage Adult
- Mount Type Free Standing
- Assembly Required Yes
- Tools Included No
- Recommended Pet Weight up to 30 pounds
- Place the post in a room where the cat spends a lot of time. Cats often like to stretch and scratch when they wake up from a nap.
- To introduce the post to your cat try using catnip as a lure. (For most cats a lure is unnecessary, but fun.) Rub catnip onto the sisal material and call the cat over to the post.
- Scratch your nails along the surface of the material. This will attract the cat and at the same time teach him where to scratch.
- After your cat begins to scratch, praise him and give him a food treat. (Small kittens can be trained to climb the post by showing them food treats and placing it at the top of the post.
- If your cat has already been scratching a piece of furniture, place the post directly in front of it.
- Temporarily cover the previously scratched areas with a few strips of double-sided carpet tape or clear double-sided tape strips that are designed for this purpose. This will help redirect your cat’s scratching activities to the post.
SmartCat Pioneer Pet Ultimate Scratching Post
Features and Benefits
- 32″ height allows cats to stretch fully and tone muscles
- Sturdy 16″ by 16″ base eliminates tipping and wobbling
- Fibrous and durable woven sisal naturally inspires scratching
- Superior to carpeted posts that may snag nails
- Assembles with two included screws
- Attractive and neutrally toned