Matcha Konomi Akira Matcha 100g – Organic Premium Ceremonial Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder – First Harvest, Radiation Free, No Additives, Zero Sugar – USDA and JAS Certified (3.5 oz bag)
- Authentic Japanese Matcha; directly from Uji, Kyoto. The tea leaves were shade grown for at least three weeks, first harvest and stone ground.
- 100% Organic; USDA & JAS Certified; Japanese Premium Ceremonial Grade Matcha Green Tea Powder; All Natural, No Sugar, No Fillers, No Preservatives, and Radiation free. Serving Size: 1g or 1/2 tsp.
- Rich in antioxidants; Matcha is believed to have more antioxidants than any “Super-food”.
Features of Akira Matcha (明) by Matcha Konomi
- 100% pure Matcha green tea powder with no additives or fillers
- Premium quality
- Ceremonial grade
- Certified organic (USDA and JAS)
- Product of Uji (宇治), a small city located in the Kyoto prefecture of Japan
Shade grown for 3 weeks
Shading prior to harvest will block more than 80-90% of sun light. This traditional step is believed to increase the chlorophyll and L-theanine content.
Carefully selected leaves
This matcha is made exclusively from first harvest leaves. We only use the most delicate and youngest tea leaves from the top of the tea plant. We never use second harvest or older leaves.
Slowly stone ground
After removing the stems and veins, tencha will be carefully ground to Matcha by stone mills (Please watch the video). The grinding process is slow enough not to create too much heat that would affect the quality of the powder and damage the flavor.
Fresh Matcha year-round
Our semi-processed leaves are stored in temperature controlled units. Those leaves will be processed and ground to Matcha in small batches as needed, then shipped to the United States every two to three weeks by express air freight. This process allows us to provide freshly ground Matcha through out the year.