Tenzo Matcha Green Tea Powder | USDA Organic Ceremonial Grade – Paleo, Kosher, Vegan – Authentic Japanese Origin (60 grams)
- 100% USDA Certified Organic: Tenzo is certified organic matcha green tea powder of authentic Japanese origin. Our teas are shade-grown sustainably with no harmful chemicals.
- Pure Matcha Powder: Tenzo ceremonial grade tea powder is great for making healthy and delicious smoothies and lattes or for baking matcha cakes.
- Long-Lasting Energy: One serving of Tenzo matcha powder contains 36mg of natural caffeine. Tenzo Tea matcha powder offers a steady stream of energy throughout the day with no crash.
- Cheaper Than a Cup of Coffee: Tenzo is the highest quality matcha for less than 1 dollar per serving. One half teaspoon is all you need to create a delicious cold or hot beverage.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: At Tenzo, we stand by our product. If you don’t absolutely love the way Tenzo Tea tastes, send us a message and we will completely refund your purchase.
- Matcha is a Superfood: Tenzo green tea matcha powder is rich in antioxidants and is a great source for natural caffeine and energy.
From Farm to Cup
Grown in Shade:
Matcha is treated with a light-controlled process in the last few weeks before harvest. Shading the green tea plants stimulates an increase in the chlorophyll production in the leaves and gives Matcha Green Tea its rich emerald color. The lack of sunlight also brings about the amazing health benefits associated with Matcha by increasing the naturally-occurring levels of antioxidants, chlorophyll, caffeine, and L-Theanine.
The best Matcha Green Tea comes from the first flush, baby green tea leaves that grow during the spring. Only the newest buds of the shade grown tea plants are hand-picked for Premium Matcha production. The window for ideal Matcha Green Tea growth is very limited, which is one of the reasons that Matcha is one of the more expensive teas on the market.
Steamed and Dried:
Within an hour of being plucked, the tender green tea leaves are treated with steam to halt the oxidation process and preserve the rich green color. The steaming process creates a sweet and vegetal flavor profile, unique among many varieties of tea.
Instead of being rolled, shaped and dried like traditional green tea leaves, the leaves destined to become Matcha are laid flat to dry. Grinding the leaves into Matcha is a slow process. If the mill stones overheat, the delicate green tea leaves might become damaged, which alters the flavor and taste. For reference, it takes about one hour to grind 30g of Matcha.
Tenzo Matcha Green Tea is grown sustainably in Kagoshima, Japan by local farmers who produce the highest ceremonial grade organic matcha on the earth. This is instantly apparent when you open a tin of Tenzo: the vibrant green color and ultra-fine consistency of the matcha indicates a high grade product. When you take your first sip, you will notice the difference. The flavor of high quality matcha is sweet due to the amino acid L-Theanine. Low grade matcha lacks L-Theanine and therefore has a less-desired bitter flavor.
There are no reviews yet.