Viking 2pc Blue Steel (Carbon Steel) Fry Pan Set, 10″ & 12″
For those who like cooking with cast iron but love the versatility of a clad stainless-steel pan, shop the Viking Blue Carbon Steel 2-piece Fry Pan Set. Featuring both a 10″ and 12″ size for added versatility, this fry pan set is made of carbon steel, an alloy that is a combination of iron and carbon.
The “Blue” in “Blue carbon steel” references a heat treatment process to help resist rust and corrosion, a nuisance that can plague traditional cast iron pans. Stay-cool cast iron handles securely attach to the pans with heavy-duty rivets for confidence in construction and a lifetime of use. Though cast iron also excels at maintaining even heating, it can take time to rise to temperature. Since iron itself is so brittle, more of the material must be used to make it durable, making traditional cast iron pans larger and heavier. With blue carbon steel, you’ll have a pan that is noticeably lighter without sacrificing performance. And like cast iron, blue carbon steel also heats quickly and evenly, reducing the risk of hot spots from occurring.
- Model Name 40341-1182-1012
Material Alloy Steel
Brand Viking Culinary
Item Diameter 10 Inches
- Heats evenly and quickly for great searing without the weight of cast iron
Pre-seasoned and ready to use
Lightweight construction delivers results of clad cookware
Naturally nonstick due to the vegetable oil seasoning
Oven and grill safe
- Heavy Gauge Blue Caron Steel Construction for Fast Heating, Superior Heat Transfer & Retention
Double-Riveted Viking Signature Cast Iron Handles
Naturally Stain & Scratch Resistant
Blue carbon steel is also prized for achieving high temperatures quickly without fear of damage occurring to the pan itself. Viking Blue Steel is oven safe to 450°F for restaurant-quality finishing in the oven. When using carbon steel cookware, discoloring will occur on both the interior and exterior surfaces due to a combination of heat and the acids in foods. This discoloration is normal and to be expected with carbon steel cookware. Every carbon steel pan changes color uniquely over time from both use and as it seasons. The discoloration will not affect the performance of the pan. Like cast iron, your blue carbon steel pans will need to be seasoned regularly to maintain its nonstick properties. It is not recommended to put these pans into the dishwasher as it will remove the seasoning, reducing the natural nonstick and making the pan more susceptible to rust. Should you find rust on the pan, just clean the rust off with a scrubby sponge and season the area with vegetable oil.
- As a thinner alloy, blue carbon steel heats more quickly than cast iron while still maintaining its even and consistent heat distribution
- Riveted, stay-cool cast iron handles feature an ergonomic grip for added control and security and a lifetime of use
- Pre-seasoned and ready to use; handwashing recommended to maintain the seasoning and natural nonstick function
- Blue carbon steel is lighter and more maneuverable than cast iron, making it easier for those who struggle with the weight of cast iron
- Oven safe to 450°F, allowing you to deliver that restaurant-style finish
- Made without PTFE and PFOA