Feed the imagination with this beautifully crafted wooden play food set! It includes 21 hand-painted solid wood pieces that can be mixed and matched to create a balanced ‘meal.’ The wide variety of items includes cheese, milk, watermelon, tomato, bread, fish, egg, steak, and much more, Doug Food Groups! Four wooden crates (5.25 inches x 5.25 inches each) are included to sort the food into groups – dairy, produce (for fruits and vegetables), grains, and meat and fish. Kids can also sort by color or use the crates to combine foods to serve up pretend-play meals.
Melissa & Doug Food Groups – 21 Wooden Pieces and 4 Crates
- HEALTHY PRETEND PLAY: Melissa & Doug Food Groups Wooden Play Food is a sturdy wooden food set that features items from the five food groups for healthy pretend play. It includes watermelon, corn, milk, cheese, fish, eggs, and more.
- FUN AND EDUCATIONAL: This play food for kids set helps children plan a well-balanced meal. It helps introduce the basics of nutrition, and can be used to teach early number skills, color recognition, sorting, and grouping. Packaging may vary
- EASY TO STORE: Four wooden crates are included to sort the food into groups – dairy, produce (for fruits and vegetables), grains, and meat and fish. Kids can also sort by color or use the crates to combine foods to serve up pretend-play meals.
- GREAT GIFT FOR AGES 3 AND UP: The Food Groups Wooden Play Food set makes a great gift for kids ages 3 to 6. The Melissa & Doug Play-Time Produce and Vegetables Play Food set is a great accompaniment.
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.”
- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 8.75 x 12.5 inches
- Item Weight: 6.16 pounds
- Department: Unisex-child
- Manufacturer: Melissa & Doug