RYOBI P222 ONE+ 18V Cordless 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Kit with (1) 4.0 Ah Battery and Charger
RYOBI introduces the 18V ONE+ Cordless 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Kit with (1) 4.0 Ah Battery and Charger. The ONE+ SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill is compact and powerful, and it produces up to 5,000 BPM 1,300 rotations per minute allowing you to use this tool for a variety of heavy-duty applications.
This tool features a 3-mode selector includes rotary hammer, rotational drilling and chisel only mode. The 4.0 Ah Battery features lithium-ion cells for longer overall life. The 18V Charger is compatible with all ONE+ Lithium-Ion Batteries. Best of all, it is a part of the RYOBI ONE+ System of over 260 cordless tools that all work on the same battery platform. Backed by the RYOBI 3-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty, this 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill Kit includes a 4.0 Ah battery, an 18V charger, and operator’s manuals.
- Cordless 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill: 3-Mode Selector for rotary hammer, rotational drilling, and chisel only mode
- Cordless 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill: SDS-Plus chuck for quick, secure, tool-free bit changes
- Cordless 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill: LED light increases work area visibility
- Cordless 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill: Powerful, compact design produces up to 5,000 BPM to hammer through the toughest materials
- Cordless 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill: Innovative chisel adjust mode to maneuver the bit to the optimum position
- Cordless 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill: Variable speed trigger to perform a variety of applications
- Cordless 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill: Improved GRIPZONE overmold for optimum grip and user comfort
- 4.0 Ah Battery: Fuel gauge indicator for user convenience
- Charger: Compatible with all RYOBI ONE+ 18V Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Part of the RYOBI 18V ONE+ System of over 260 cordless tools
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Includes: (1) P222 18V ONE+ 1/2 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill, (1) PBP005 4.0 Ah Battery, (1) PCG002 18V Lithium-Ion Charger, and operator’s manual
If you think rotary hammer drills are just more expensive regular hammer drills you are very mistaken and will never go back after having one. Think of them not as hammer drills but as handheld jackhammers than also drill. They pack a power and utility that a standard hammer drill will never have. I have used things such as a Bosch bulldog sds rotary hammer before for demo work removing tile with a scaling bit. It made the process so much easier than doing so by hand. In getting this puppy the first thing is that it is way smaller than old school SDS drills and pretty ergonomic. The anti-vibe handle actually makes a difference unlike on the Ryobi reciprocating saw. Another point of notice is the power. It sinks 3/16 seven inch long masonry bits in seconds. My standard drill takes so much longer. When testing out the hammer mode, my tile and scaling bit was able to cut bricks in half quickly and comfortably. I haven’t gotten a chance to remove thin-set yet but I have no doubt it would work great. The only things that stand out as small issues is it’s crazy battery consumption which is obvious given it’s power. The other is the lack of a pointer or easily visible indicator on the mode select. Putting a spade or scaling bit in and activating the trigger only to find you are actually in drill mode is annoying. All in all these are super handy to have if you can afford them and pack a power your regular cordless drill will never have.